Welcome to St Wilfrid’s Catholic Primary School
A Message from the Headteacher
Thank you for taking the time to visit our school website. St Wilfrid’s is a Voluntary Aided Catholic Primary School which caters for children from 3 to 11 years.
Learning to Love, Loving to Learn
Our aspiration is to ensure the academic, physical, emotional and spiritual development of all our pupils. We hope that they leave St Wilfrid’s as fully rounded human beings, who view themselves as valued members of society and the Church.
St Wilfrid’s has experienced much change during recent years but through our strong ethos, and with the support of our wonderful community, we are building the foundations for a very bright future - one in which children of all abilities and backgrounds achieve their potential and enjoy doing so.
This website offers an insight into our school – a glimpse of our values, curriculum, events and community. If you would like to know more then you are encouraged to contact the school office and arrange a visit to see us at work. You will be warmly welcomed.
St Wilfrid's Catholic Church
“St Wilfrid’s is the Catholic Parish Church for Ripon and its surrounding villages. Our vision is to be a welcoming community, where people can grow to know and love Our Lord Jesus Christ, and put his love into practice in the service of others."Visit Website
St Wilfrid's Mission Statement
Learning to love, loving to learn
Our mission, in partnership with the Home and Parish, is to provide a distinctive Catholic education with Christ at the centre of our community.
We celebrate the unique value of individuals and nurture every person to be the very best that they can be.
We strive for excellence in all we do.
St Wilfrid’s Primary School was founded by the Catholic Church in 1863 alongside the newly opened St Wilfrid’s Catholic Church and it remains part of the parish. The school is to be conducted as a Catholic school in accordance with Canon Law and the teachings of the Catholic Church, and in accordance with the Trust Deeds of the Diocese of Leeds and in particular.
- Religious Education is to be in accordance with the teachings, doctrines discipline, general and particular norms of the Catholic Church;
- Worship is to be in accordance with the rites, practices, discipline and liturgical norms of the Catholic Church.
- At all times, the school is to serve as a witness to the Catholic faith in Our Lord Jesus Christ.
Our Vision for St Wilfrid’s
We wish to ensure the spiritual and academic development of all our pupils, alongside emotional and physical well-being. We hope that they leave St Wilfrid’s as fully rounded human beings, who view themselves as valued members of society and the Church.
We believe that to make this vision a reality we must:
- Follow the example of Christ and in doing so treat all our children, families and staff with dignity and respect.
- Support our children on their faith journey; a journey that begins with a respect for all humans, and which recognises the importance of truth, justice and peace.
- Provide a high quality education, which will help children to achieve their full potential in all areas of the curriculum.
- Support the emotional well-being of all our children through the development of confidence, resilience and self-esteem.
- Encourage physical well-being through the promotion of a healthy and active lifestyle.
At St Wilfrid’s we have these core values: Thoughtfulness, Honesty, Patience, Friendship, Courage, Fairness and Responsibility.
Accessing the information contained in this website
Should you require a translation of any part of this website, please contact the school office by telephone on 01765 603232 so that this can be arranged.
If required - a paper copy of this website can be provided free of charge to parents of children who attend this school. Please contact the school office.