Welcome to St Wilfrid’s Catholic Primary School
A Message from the Headteacher
I am very proud to be headteacher of this wonderful school. St Wilfrid's exists to serve the families of St Wilfrid’s Parish but also welcomes others who would enjoy learning within our caring Christian community.
Our aspiration is to ensure the academic, physical, emotional and spiritual development of all our pupils. We hope that they leave St Wilfrid’s as fully rounded human beings, who view themselves as valued members of society and the Church.
This website can only offer an insight into our school – a glimpse of our values, curriculum, events and community. If you would like to know more, then you are encouraged to contact the school office and arrange a visit to see us at work. You will be warmly welcomed.
St Wilfrid's Catholic Church
“St Wilfrid’s is the Catholic Parish Church for Ripon and its surrounding villages. Our vision is to be a welcoming community, where people can grow to know and love Our Lord Jesus Christ, and put his love into practice in the service of others."Visit Website
St Wilfrid's Mission Statement
Learning to love, loving to learn
Our mission, in partnership with the Home and Parish, is to provide a distinctive Catholic education with Christ at the centre of our community.
We celebrate the unique value of individuals and nurture every person to be the very best that they can be.
We strive for excellence in all we do.
St Wilfrid’s Primary School was founded by the Catholic Church in 1863 alongside the newly opened St Wilfrid’s Catholic Church and it remains part of the parish. The school is to be conducted as a Catholic school in accordance with Canon Law and the teachings of the Catholic Church, and in accordance with the Trust Deeds of the Diocese of Leeds and in particular.
- Religious Education is to be in accordance with the teachings, doctrines discipline, general and particular norms of the Catholic Church;
- Worship is to be in accordance with the rites, practices, discipline and liturgical norms of the Catholic Church.
- At all times, the school is to serve as a witness to the Catholic faith in Our Lord Jesus Christ.
Our Vision for St Wilfrid’s
We wish to ensure the spiritual and academic development of all our pupils, alongside emotional and physical well-being. We hope that they leave St Wilfrid’s as fully rounded human beings, who view themselves as valued members of society and the Church.
We believe that to make this vision a reality we must:
- Follow the example of Christ and in doing so treat all our children, families and staff with dignity and respect.
- Support our children on their faith journey; a journey that begins with a respect for all humans, and which recognises the importance of truth, justice and peace.
- Provide a high quality education, which will help children to achieve their full potential in all areas of the curriculum.
- Support the emotional well-being of all our children through the development of confidence, resilience and self-esteem.
- Encourage physical well-being through the promotion of a healthy and active lifestyle.
A virtue is the habit of doing good.
At St Wilfrid’s, we aim to develop the following core virtues: Friendship, Honesty, Respect, Gentleness, Courage & Wisdom.
Accessing the information contained in this website
Should you require a translation of any part of this website, please contact the school office by telephone on 01765 603232 so that this can be arranged.
If required - a paper copy of items within this website can be provided to parents of children who attend this school. Please contact the school office.